A reminder: tomorrow (March 26th), Venus, the planet of love, beauty, and desire moves into dreamy, mystical Pisces.
Astrologers consider Venus to be "exalted" in Pisces - meaning, Pisces not only supportsVenus' lavish energy (as do Libra and Taurus, the signs she rules), it also lifts her up into a place of power where she's even more exquisite than usual.
This makes sense: isn't all romance sweeter when it leaps out of the daily grind and into the realm of sheer magic?
Pisces affords this elevated atmosphere to Venusian energy because it's a watery abode where nothing is as it seems, where everything undergoes "a sea-change" (to borrow Shakespeare's phrase from The Tempest) and becomes transmuted: strange and new.
Pisces carries with it a notoriously mood-and-mind altering quality - the kind of boundary-dissolving, Christ-like compassion that can melt into a touch of madness and grandiosity.
All the better for glamor and seduction.
Venus dwells in Pisces from tomorrow until May 15th, when Venus moves into her home in Taurus (which is still a very nice vibe).
For those of us in the Northern hemisphere, this syncs quite beautifully with the frisky frolicsomeness of Springtime.
So what to do with this Venus in Pisces energy, other than relax and enjoy?
Why, a love spell, of course.
In my INFLUENCE course we work in-depth on natural magic - the Hermetic art of cultivating reciprocal relationships with planetary deities to effect positive change --
... but even if you're not yet well-versed in natural magic, Friday (Venus' day), April 12th (when the moon is waxing towards full) is a perfect time to cast a love spell.
Here's a quick how-to:
- offer a big beautiful bouquet of flowers, plus some berries and chocolates and wine to Venus
- read aloud her Orphic hymn to honor her (here's a nice version on Youtube)
- light a green candle and some floral incense (green is Venus' color, and flowers her correspondence among plant parts)
- write out a petition to the Goddess, invoking her help in achieving some love-related goal - whether this is the attraction of a new partner, the re-ignition of a long-time relationship, or the healing of one's self-love as represented by some specified, tangible, concrete change in yourself.
- note: a nice tangible self-love aim is "I wake up every day for a month feeling grateful and excited to be me." - it's important to be clear on exactly what form you hope the result will concretely appear, so you can recognize it when it happens!
- I do recommend choosing just one aim for your petition - it's tempting to ask the Goddess for everything - but precision and simplicity in magic goes a long way
- make this petition as beautiful as possible - this is the grand occasion to break out those calligraphy pens and watercolors - and draw on it the symbols of her intelligence, spirit, and character
- as my wise astrologer friend Aeolian Heart very usefully taught me, it's a great idea to use lines from favorite poems or songs in your petition to specify exactly the kind of love you're seeking to bring in - Venus does adore poetry - and you may find, as I did, that she uses that same poetry - causing it to pop up in unexpected, auspicious contexts -- to speak to you down the line
- anoint the petition and yourself with rose, jasmine, or ylang ylang oil
- and then put your petition in a green or pink talisman bag, along with some rose quartz, copper, and basil, and 7 more drops of oil on the bag itself
- carry this talisman bag with you in your pocket or purse until your result materializes (usually 3 to 6 months, though you'll often see synchronous signs of imminent success much sooner - and on occasion, results are rather immediate)
- the talisman acts as an on-going attractor for Venusian energy to your person, binding the Goddess' exalted presence to you, as elegantly explained by the Renaissance magician Marsilio Ficino
- after your result turns up (yay! congratulations!), make a date with Venus on a Friday during a waning moon to profusely thank her and to "de-commission" your talisman bag by lighting candles and incense for the Goddess again...
... burning your petition in the flame of her candle and moving your copper and rose quartz through the incense smoke to cleanse them so you can use them again for another ritual
- I know it may sound quite simple (no blood sacrifice required!), but this is the very sort of spell that brought me my wonderful husband, Taia Kepher, so I'm very pleased to share it with you.
Cheers to your Venusian magic!
love and villainy,
founder of WITCH
P.S. Remember: never be careful what you wish for, just be willing to humbly learn from whatever result you receive - fearful timidity is not a trait of great magicians.
Also note: if it seems your desired aim appears to not come to fruition within 6 months - it's very unwise (and tragically limiting) to see this as a flaw with Venus (she's actually quite responsive, as thousands of witches can attest) or as a sign that "magic doesn't work."
It's much wiser and vastly more accurate to take a disappointment in spellwork as a sign of an unconscious block in your own receiving capacity.
We delve extensively into how to dissolve such unconscious blocks in INFLUENCE.