At the Evolver Convergence, multiple people referred to me as a "love bomb." I'd never heard quite this appellation before, but since there was such widespread consensus about it, I figured it must mean something quite specific. So, I've decided to take up the term to specifically describe sexy, far-out people who do lots of organizing and nurturing in their communities for the purpose of bringing about the more beautiful world our hearts tell us is possible (i.e., the gift world).
I've noticed that every Evolver Sporeganizer is a love bomb, but there are plenty non-sporeganizer love bombs out in the world. (Although if you are a love bomb, you'd probably adore sporeganizing for Evolver! If you're interested in doing that, you should email me at sweetsongofjoy at gmail dot com and I'll introduce you to folks who can help you get started).
So, you might be a love bomb if:
- You've hosted 3 or more potlucks in the past twelve months.
- You're brimming with ideas for gorgeous events that positively transform people's awareness. You sometimes get so excited about these events that you can't sleep.
- You often find yourself carrying big bags of magic to-and-from events. My bag of magic often includes crayons, musical instruments, peacock feathers, masking tape, glitter, cookies, crystals, Mardi Gras masks and lamps - yours might entail records, instruments, books, power cords and sceptres of unspeakable power. Whatever's in there, though, it's magic.
- When inviting friends to a small gathering you sincerely consider the balance of sun signs (i.e., you don't really want to invite ALL Scorpios, do you?)
- You devote considerable time each day to some kind of spiritual practice. You consider your organizing work to be itself a kind of devotional service to the universe and a spiritual practice.
- You've spent more time making Facebook invitations and posting flyers in your lifetime than you really care to admit.
- You're highly intuitive.
- You just want to see people freely connecting and engaging and loving each other and you're pretty damn great at making that happen.
- You consider your events to be major successes if while attending them you feel like you're on MDMA without having taken anything and you can tell other people are feeling the same way.
... if this is going on in your life, you might be a love bomb!
I'm sure my list wasn't at all exhaustive - so now I ask you, love bombs - please tell me in the comments section - what are other tell-tale signs of love-bombness?